Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Awesome Vegan Apple Crisp




Back to basics ........So My hubby went to the main land to get me a new car *WOOT WOOT*  Ok I really just didn't do that, but anyhow he had to ride the tug boat back and I'm not sure how well they fed him.  Soooo, I wanted to make him something yummy to come home to.  Here in Kodiak its almost 9:30 at night so I had to work with what I had (and what I didn't have) which is  eggs.  I came up with this recipe by just basically reinventing any modern apple crisp recipe.  I am going to post this before it even comes out of the oven (in case any one wants to make a late night desert).  SO HERE IS WHERE I CAUTION.....I have not yet tried this.  I'll comment how it turned out in about 30 minutes!
**********It turned out amazing!!!*************
...and I put a scoop of homemade cinnamon ice cream on top!

For the filling

3 Large apples
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple  water
1 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in the water)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
handful of raisins (optional)

For the topping

1 cup quick cooking oats 
1/2 cup cinnamon toast crunch ( optional)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter cut into squares
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350,  Mix all the filling ingredients and put into a baking pan.  Add the topping ingredients together except butter and pour over the filling.  Sprinkle the cubed butter on top and bake for about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment