Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Green Chile Halibut

On the 4th of July I was lucky enough to go out on a skiff with the family and check out another Island.  We set out some halibut gear and caught seven!!!  We let three go though because they were about 70 pounds each!
After and exhausting 4th I did not want to cook a big meal let alone go to the grocery store, so I used what I had and made a delic quick meal with fresh halibut that I helped pull in!

Ok, so after that most appetizing picture; I'll get to the recipe...

1 pound cubed halibut
1- 8 oz can diced green chiles
salt and pepper
onion powder
rice or mexi rice
black beans 
corn
tortillas

Put your fish in a baking dish, salt, pepper and onion powder it and cover with the can of green chiles.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Serve with your sides and tortillas....Told you I was being lazy, but this turned out delicious and will definitely be one of my Go-To dishes.

  

1 comment:

  1. Cooked up this recipe up tonight. Turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete