Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coconut halibut with mango chutney and curried peas and carrots with jasmine rice


My husband recently rode the Tug boat to Larson Bay and flew back.  While he was there on his off time he caught some halibut!  So tonight I am going to make my favorite way to eat it!

Mango Chutney (since there is just two of us I am making a small amount)
-3 green mangos (cubed)
-1 clove garlic (coarsely chopped)
-1teaspoon cinnamon
-1/4 cup vinegar
-1 tbs curry paste
-small handful of raisins( I like them a lot so I tend to use a lot! )
-5 heaping tbs brown sugar
-pinch of sea salt
Sate ingredients together than add vinegar, bring to a rapid boil for about 8 min.  Cool then store in airtight container.  I like to make this in advance.  I tend to think chutneys get better after they sit for awhile.


 Coconut Halibut
1-2# halibut cut into 1 inch bites
-1 box tempura mix (make accordingly subbing coconut milk for water)
- 1 bag coconut toasted ( I like to toast my own, but you can buy toasted coconut)
Dunk each piece into tempura mix then roll in toasted coconut
You can then either bake these at 350 for about 15 min or my favorite ...DEEP FRY them

Curried peas and carrots
- carrots cut into rustic chunks
-1 tbs curry past or to taste
- 1bunch green onions or chives
- 1 can coconut milk
Par boil carrots, drain add coconut milk, curry onion and peas.  Cook until done

No comments:

Post a Comment