Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Raw chocolate banana bars

With the whole "RAW" craze going on I was bound to end up eating something deemed raw eventually, but I was pleasantly surprised that, That something was absolutely delicious! It was a brownie of all things and the best brownie I have ever had.....Seriously!  My sister in-law is the one who concocted this lovely desert ( you can visit her blog here  on raw and healthy eating) and now I decided to give er a go myself.  However, I must say that my desert is not truly "raw" because I did not have raw cacao or raw peanut butter.



1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 walnuts (or your fave nut)
1/4 unsweetened peanut butter
10-12 dates
2 tbs cacao powder
1 banana 

Combine all ingredients except banana in food processor until they can be formed.  Press in a cookie sheet and top with banana!  Easy and pretty good. Now I must say that after my daughter picked her bananas off she wouldn't touch the "raw crust" not even after I made it into a turtle..........
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! That looks deeeelicious! (this is eva.) So I was all excited about the farmers market this weekend until yesterdays paper was delivered...in it were all of the things I was super excited to make! (different recipes of course,)but it was like someone read my mind. I must've been getting too cool for my britches. Pretty funny, but still took the wind out of my sails! cest la vie...call me tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Bummer!!! Don't be let down! Your creations are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete