Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Cilantro pesto with chicken, tomato, and feta

     My oh my, it sure has been awhile.  I wish I had a good excuse for my long absence, but the truth is I just don't.  Lets leave it at that and get back to cookin'!  

     I made homemade ravioli last night and to go with it I made a delicious pesto using cilantro and peanuts.  Way cheaper than basil and pine nuts and just as good if not better!




1 whole bunch of cilantro
1 clove garlic
1 mini bag of peanuts (the ones that are 2 for a dollar at gas stations...I know classy rite?)
about 3 TBS of Parmesan cheese
about 1/4 cup of olive oil

1 large tomato
feta cheese
2 chicken breasts

Combine all ingredients in a food processor. 
As for the chicken....I just put salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash on it and  fried it up. I than cut it into strips and tossed it with pasta, tomato and the pesto.  Rite before serving I sprinkled on some feta. Quick, easy , cheap. Just how I like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment